Reporting to Development Manager
, you will be a proactive enthusiastic team member with a primary responsibility of developing solutions and enhancing usability, design and functionality of the programs and websites by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java-based components and interfaces.
You will gather and document user requirements, as well as code, test, and debug application programs using analytical techniques. Also, as part of this team, you will work closely with colleagues to facilitate the implementation and maintenance of business and software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released WinAir
- Hands-on development of applications in support of the user experience surrounding our WinAir web products;
- Create well-designed, reusable objects following established corporate standards and requirements documentation;
- Perform code review and provide constructive feedback;
- Review the requirements documentation and provide feedback;
- Identify and help facilitate the resolution of design issues;
- Continuous learning & development;
- Provide technical mentoring and leadership to more junior resources;
- Propose appropriate and creative solutions to problems discovered during development; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of College Diploma in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent job experience)
- 0 – 2 years of commercial experience in web application development and/or software development
- Experience managing object-oriented programming/modular programming
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and proven ability in solving such issues
- Experience with Java 8 frameworks as well as JSP, JSTL, Tomcat (webserver), Ajax, GWT (Google Web Toolkit), JQuery, Struts 2, Hibernate, SiteMesh, XML, JDBC, MS SQL Server, ODBC, BDE, Jasper, and iReport
- Experience and understanding of user experience issues, Internet design principles, and accessibility issues and standards
- Experience working in and problem solving in SQL and SQL Server Management Studio
- Aviation experience/knowledge a plus, as is fluency in other languages
Please send your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining your experience, knowledge, and ability towards this career path, and why we need to speak with you, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you require any accommodation at any point in the recruitment process, please let us know.