Reporting to the Tech Support Team Lead, Technical Support will be primarily responsible for screening and responding to customers’ needs and questions concerning the applicable version of WinAir. You will work closely with customers to address their problems and questions by providing guidance and/or solutions in a professional manner.
Our end goal is that you become a certified member of our Product Specialists’ Resource group, a critical team of product/software Subject Matter Experts with the capability and cross-functionality to support various teams and initiatives throughout our business lifecycle. This role’s progression path varies based on your aptitude, ability and drive, as well as our business demand and role availability.
As you develop within the role, your ongoing commitment to life-long learning is paramount. Both the company and your own self-drive and initiative will make you successful and passionate about what you and what we do.
- Communicate with customers via in-house database, remote desktop technology and phone;
- Download, extract and analyze customer databases for testing purposes;
- Assist with database preparation, data conversions for system upgrades, and installations;
- Propose appropriate and creative solutions to problems discovered during testing;
- Take ownership of technical issues and collaborate with developers, sales, training staff and customers to resolve issues;
- Assist with customer software installations, data conversions, and system upgrades;
- Provide written and verbal responses to customer queries;
- Assist in developing and documenting user testing scenarios;
- Write installation and support procedure documentation; and
- Evaluate and test software for quality assurance as assigned.
- Minimum of College Diploma in Computer Programming, Internet Applications & Web Development, Multimedia Technology or related discipline
- Technical support experience working with software applications or equivalent
- Must be professional and clear in articulating the message when interacting with clients
- High technical aptitude and proficiency with general information technology to learn new software and supporting applications
- Sound analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate new ideas effectively
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite and Internet Explorer
- May be required to travel
- Experience working with MS SQL preferred
- Aviation experience/knowledge a plus, as is fluency in other languages