Reporting to the Managing Director, the Software Sales Consultant will be primarily responsible for generating new business opportunities for the company through networking, relationship-building, and problem-solving. As a part of Client Success team, your contribution is critical to meet sales objectives and thus drive new revenue into the organization.
This position strictly involves new business generation—we are looking for a HUNTER with a strong passion and persistence to overcome challenges in a fast-paced and highly regulated industry.
- Create and action the strategy for the entire sales cycle to secure new businesses.
- Leverage available market data and analysis to develop potential sales and/or promote new ideas for improved service offering to clients based on assessment of their current service model and the company’s product/service model.
- Maintain a high level of targeted outbound activity to build and maintain a robust pipeline.
- Generate/Qualify leads and conduct research on potential customers who would benefit and take value from our solutions.
- Deliver online presentations and product demos tailored to client needs.
- Manage and document all interactions between potential customers and leads using our CRM tool and status updates as needed or requested.
- Become an expert with respect to the company’s products, value proposition and positioning.
- Keep abreast of market conditions, competitive activities, and market trends.
- Attend tradeshows and other related networking events.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Minimum of College Diploma in Sales, Business, Marketing or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years in enterprise-level sales (hunting) experience
- Must NOT be afraid of the phone
- Previous experience with longer sales cycles, solution selling, and relationship selling
- Ability to relate to individuals across a wide range of positions from staff to C-level
- Strong computer literacy and skills for navigating websites and web-based products/solutions
- B2B Sales experience (ideally in a service/software industry)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, particularly on the telephone or online
- Superb organizational and prioritization skills
- Effective team player with a strong work ethic
- Quick learner with strong self-motivation and drive for success
- Ability to develop strong operational knowledge of products sufficient to understand a full spectrum of client issues and offer reasonable and workable solutions
- Light travel requirement (NOTE: The position is still primarily based out of our office location)
- Aviation experience/knowledge a plus, as is fluency in other languages