Product Specialist is a product/support Subject Matter Expert (SME) with the capability and cross-functionality to support various teams and initiatives throughout the business lifecycle. With immense industry knowledge, the Product Specialist is seen as a valuable resource in areas including but are not limited to product support, training, aircraft services, business/technical analysis, and quality assurance. Often called a PSR (Product Specialist Resource), the Product Specialist progresses his/her career based on their aptitude, ability and drive, business demand and role availability.
NOTE: This opportunity has a full-time remote option for candidates residing in Canada.
Note: The list below provides a general overview of the different areas within the organization where a Product Specialist may be pulled into. It is not an exhaustive list, and the Product Specialist may be asked to perform additional duties in other areas based on the business needs.
- Interact with customers on the use of WinAir product and their concerns.
- Assist the Commercial Team members with complex, high-level customer inquiries and conversations upon request.
- Travel to customer facilities to provide training presentations and hands-on support.
- Provide online training presentations.
- Complete necessary training documents before and after the training trip.
- Assist with projects like Process Documents (best practices) by analyzing subject matter and transforming the existing industrial knowledge into technical documentation.
- Assist with technical documents and publications as needed.
Aircraft Services / Data Loading
- Assist with maintenance program data loading.
- Evaluate and test software for quality assurance as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Post-secondary education with an aviation background or a software/technical background
- Previous aviation experience is a definite plus, especially with Aircraft Maintenance records
- Industry knowledge and familiarity with aviation terminologies and concepts
- Working experience or knowledge of WinAir or other aviation management software
- Previous experience in delivering end-user training is preferred.
- Previous experience or education in technical writing is an asset.
Skills and Aptitudes
- Ability to work independently
- Proactive self-learner with a strong commitment to continuous learning
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Assertive technical/analytic mindset
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Great listening skills to effectively analyze and assist with the customer’s needs
- High technical aptitude and proficiency with general information technology
Environment and Physical
- Be able to work remotely and on-site upon request
- Work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Be able to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Be able to travel to client locations (Required: valid driver’s license and passport)